Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Week 2: Footers

Part of the process we needed to go through to satisfy the structural engineers plans was to reinforce the foundations/bracing by adding rebar at key points.

(Editors note: At this point, I really should make Nathan a co-author of this blog, because quite frankly, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I just put together things that I've heard, even though there is not guarantee that I've heard the whole story and/or understood the point. I'm just sayin', consider yourself warned).


To accomplish this, our PA team spent a great deal of time with the jackhammer, cutting holes in the concrete floor to enable the addition of the rebar...none of which needed to purchased, as the rebar we got from Phil's was exactly what we needed.






















After the holes were "dug" in the concrete and the rebar was in place, it was time to re-pour. I tell you what, this whole project started to feel very, very real when Metco showed up with our concrete! As dad put it...that's when we start spending the big bucks, and it's very real, indeed!





































All of the footers were re-filled with the concrete that was actually delivered a little earlier than expected! Well done, team!

No comments: