Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hey, my name is Joe...

And I work in a button factory the church all day.
One day, Mark said to me "Hey Joe, are you busy?" I said "No."
He said "Please help with the work teams coming"

Hey, my name is Joe.  And I work in the church with the teams all day.  One day, Mark said to me, "Hey Joe, are you busy?"  I said "No."  He said "Please finish up this drywall."


























"And hang all the doors."


























"And put up trim."



























"And finish the ceiling."






"And help trap the magpies."















"And build a new well cover, and put in the potato patch, and [insert the zillion things that he did that we either don't have pictures of or don't even know that he did because he's all about the details] and love on my kids."

And he did.

















All the while, he affirms that THIS is what the body of Christ is all about, everyone doing what they're good at, regardless of where they're at.  And he's right.  In the meantime, we as a church and in our own family have been so incredibly blessed to have had him here these past three weeks...my kids are going to be so lost without him when he leaves tomorrow.  Thanks, Joe...words will never be enough.  We love you and owe a debt of gratitude to the Lord for bringing you up here.
PS:  See you next year!  [Per his admission of the running list he has going of projects that must be done]!  Not gonna argue that one!